Saturday, May 26, 2012

Square Peg, Round Hole

For the square peg in a round hole challenge at Squigglefly, I chose Tea Roses which can be purchased here:   http://www.squigglefly.com/index.php/shop/tea-roses
It’s a A2 card size just folded and cut within the Nestability shown in the 2nd picture.  I often do this and keep the folded edge of the card inside the template so it doesn’t cut my card in two.  I used a white card and "xyronned"  the image to the front and distress the edge of the nestability with Wild Honey Distress Ink.  Very subtle.  I also used a starlight clear sparkly gel pen on the flower pets edges and the edges of the dish.
Link to the blog:  http://squigglefly.blogspot.com




I am also a square peg in a round hole - or at least it feels that way most times!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is just a beautiful card - and I like the idea of the embossed die bg actually being the front of your card! It's beautiful coloring too - circus roses I bet! Glad you took the time to join us at Squigglefly! Some days we all feel like square pegs I bet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks so realistic, I mean, like I could smell the rose and wanna touch the rim of the cup and saucer real!! Awesome job! Thanks for playing at Squigglefly this week!
    Hugz2u,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Becky this is beautiful! Those flowers and saucer are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work Becky! I love the card and the die cut. Great image you chose. I love that card shape. I'm a square peg too!!

    Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete