Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Better get posting!

I am employed now! I have things to blog about finally. I work with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Outreach program of Wisconsin. I spent last Thursday and Friday at their conference in Madison and met a lot of people. It was a good experience and I enjoyed it. Except I couldn't converse with everyone -- by next year I want to know some sign language. It is a beautiful language! I was definitely a minority member for 2 days. I really like it here and enjoy the people I work with. Plus, they all have a wonderful sense of humor and I feel like I fit in. Right now, I am building the database which means putting in school district information. I broke my pull out tray for my keyboard already too so as you can see, I am right at home already.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaaaaay!!! The greatest feeling one can have is to feel they are needed and apparently you have found such a niche! I'm so happy for you! One of my husband's daughters signs for church service. She actually earned money by signing for college classes at one time, til she moved. It's a beautiful language - it would be awesome to see you signing someday! Here is the very best sign with free videos on the alpha and words. On my pc it opens in QuickTime so opens easily. There is also: http://www.lifeprint.com and http://www.handspeak.com are great sites. Or just google "sign language" to help you with your self schooling. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete