Saturday, April 17, 2010
















Today I went to the Real Women Real Life conference in the Dells with my friend Cindy. The workshops we went to really spoke to us and I was so glad I was able to share this time with her. She and her husband are raising their little grandson. Life is hard for them right now and I was so happy to be able to hear her laugh and to share stories. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar were speakers. The workshop I went to was about depression and the negative self talk that we all tend to listen to and how to combat it by studying the Bible and memorizing verses that remind us of God's plan for us. Cindy was a little surprised when they all started Amening and shouting -- oops Cindy, maybe I should have told you it was Pentecostal! She really enjoyed the day too!
When I got home, I took some pictures of my friendly flowers as I document their seasons.

2 comments:

  1. I envy you. here in FL we do not have tulips, violets, jonquils or daffodils. I am from Maryland originally. I use to go in the fields and pic wild violets. I remember my mom had Lilys of the valley also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would miss spring without the spring flowers! I also found a jack in the pulpit at the lake out in the woods today.

    ReplyDelete